Relationships are a dance; there is a rhythm of connection, disconnection, and reconnection. The music and how we move is layered with our histories, fantasies about the future, and whatever is happening in the moment. Inevitably, it gets tricky to hear each other and sync harmoniously. Even the most resilient and well-resourced partners, when faced with enough stressors, stumble, fall, and find they are unsure how to stabilize and regain footing.
I HELP COUPLES...
* (Re)Establish Closeness and Intimacy
* Create and Cultivate Trust
* Repair After Emotional Injury
* Manage Resources (Time, Money, Energy)
* Navigate Tricky Circumstances and Seasons of Life
AREAS I OFFER SPECIALIZED SUPPORT INCLUDE...
* Concerns around Sexual Connection and Differences
* Shifting Destructive Fights to Constructive Conflict
* Addressing Money Related Stress and Conflict
* Navigating Division of Domestic Responsibilities
* Transition into Parenthood and Parenting Issues
My approach is both practical and highly experiential aimed at meeting the unique needs and goals of the couple. I'm informed by nearly two decades as a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), a hefty amount of training, and through my own personal heartbreak and healing. All this experience has taught me that loving well is a skill set and developing our capacity to relate is possible with practice plus the right support.
*Certified Facilitator in The Daring Way™ (CDWF), Brené Brown Education and Research Group
* Training in: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT); The Gottman Method; Trauma-Informed and Experiential Modalities
* Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the State of California (LMFT)
* Access Institute of San Francisco Postgraduate Fellowship Alumni (Class of 2008)
* M.A., Clinical Psychology, The New College of California
Michelle Lorenz, MFT
CA Lic. #MFC47231